My Aunt Posey was a beautiful woman. As a little girl, I always admired her for her gorgeous looks, sophisticated personality, and her yummy cooking. Growing up, I always remember this simple dish at family gatherings. So here is my spin to her super easy recipe. I hope you will enjoy it, as much as I always did. ❤️
CHERRY DELIGHT RECIPE:
- 1 8.8 oz package of Biscoff Cookies
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese (soften)
- 1 21 oz can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 8 oz of Cool Whip (thawed)
- ¼ cup of Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ cup of Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a nonstick frying pan melt butter with brown sugar on low heat.
- Add pecans, cinnamon & nutmeg and mix all together.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble and become thicker, remove from heat and leave the mix in the pan to cool off for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the mix has hardened, start to chop into crumbles and place to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy.
- With a spatula, mix in whip until creamy.
- Lay cookies out close together in a 3-Quart baking dish.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cookies evenly.
- Sprinkle candied pecans over cream cheese and top with cherries.
- Cover dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
One Comment Add yours